ACTIVITY FEED FORUMS Offense Hybrid Wing-T System Forum Wing T Reply To: Wing T

• Rich Erdelyi

September 7, 2020 at 7:40 pm

There is obviously less deception with the QB facing the LOS, however with the RPO’s we have off of Buck Sweep and Belly Slide this has added a new dimension to what we were doing. If I was still coaching we would have RPO’s off Jet Sweep and I would also allow my twins to run other patterns besides bubble based on coverage. We would hand signal what we would run to the QB just as we did in the Quick Passing Game video. I would also add more Pistol looks and probably a Zone Read depending on my QB abilities. I see a ton of possibilities and I have a lot of ideas but I just ran out of years. I would however always have an under center presence and be able to run Jet, Buck and Belly Slide items just as I’ve discussed. My last 4 or 5 years we were probably 50-50 Gun and UC where I would now lean more heavily toward Gun probably 65-35 Gun. I see Alabama, Auburn and most Pro teams using both. It gives the D more to prepare for because IMO everything changes when the QB is UC and turns his back to the LOS and hides the ball.

Thank you for the question. Coach ERD