ACTIVITY FEED FORUMS Defense 4-3 Dynamic Defense System Forum 4-3 Adjustments to Wing-T Reply To: 4-3 Adjustments to Wing-T

• Eric Kasperowicz

February 24, 2021 at 4:31 am

Congrats…that’s awesome. I’m glad it went well for you…and for being the first game you guys will only get better!!! vs. TE/Wing you really only have 2 options…play man or a version of cover 2…and being there is so much eye candy…I would lean more towards cover 2. Traditionally…I don’t like to pressure the wing-T…at least not traditionally. I would scheme a few things up here and there…for instance if this guy goes in motion we might bring a corner…or if the other wing goes in motion we might bring that backer in the B gap or wherever.

The whole thing with Wing T is they wanna block everybody down, pull a few guys and kick out. I just don’t like to bring 6-man pressures very often vs. Wing T. There is a time and a place…but i don’t make a habit of it.

Pre-snap and post-snap movement are critical IMO…keeps them off guard. I’d spend my time planning for that. If you have some for sure tells you can scheme some slanting up…vs. gap scheme slant into down blocks.

Last thing…make sure to heavy up your 5’s/9 techs…they must be ‘thick’ on the down blocks of the TE/Tackle, etc.

Hope that helps and good luck!!

Feel free to email me erickasperowicz@gmail.com if you wanted to speak more on the topic.